Approved Products List – PIV Cards
The Personal Identity Verification (PIV) cards listed below have been approved for FICAM implementation under the FIPS 201 Evaluation Program. These are blank PIV cards available for purchase. A PIV service provider will personalize these blank cards for federal agencies and contractors. PIV service providers are required to use PIV card stock from this Approved Products List.
Please note: Tri-Interface cards are not approved for Federal Government PIV or CAC card use. Agencies should not procure them. They are listed on the APL for industry-only procurement.
Manufacturers may call Tri-Interface cards by different names (for example, Dual Hybrid). The prohibited feature of Tri-Interface cards is a prox interface (a 125 kHz antenna).
Agencies should procure only cards validated by the NIST Personal Identity Verification Program (NPIVP).
PIV Cards – Approved
Approved PIV Cards
- G&D Mobile Security SmartCafe Expert 7.0 with HID Global ActivID Applet v2.7.5
- Gemalto IDPrime PIV v2.1
- Gemalto TOP CL v2.1 with HID Global ActivID Applet v2.7.4
- HID Global Crescendo PIV
- IDEMIA ID-One PIV v2.3.5 on Cosmo V8
- IDEMIA ID-One PIV v2.3.5 on Cosmo V8.0 (High Speed)
- IDEMIA ID-One PIV v2.4.1 SW, F501 FW on Cosmo V8.1 (PIV applet in EEPROM)
- IDEMIA ID-One PIV v2.4.1 SW, F502 FW on Cosmo V8.1 (PIV applet in ROM)
- IDEMIA ID-One PIV v2.4.0 SW, 5F01 FW on Cosmo V8.1
How To Purchase
Visit the Buy Page to view FICAM products, services and purchasing guidance.
Page Reviewed/Updated: August 6, 2018