Approved Products List – PIV Cards
The Personal Identity Verification (PIV) cards listed below have been approved for FICAM implementation under the FIPS 201 Evaluation Program. These are blank PIV cards available for purchase. A PIV service provider will personalize these blank cards for federal agencies and contractors. PIV service providers are required to use PIV card stock from the Approved Products List (APL).
- Tri-Interface cards are not approved for Federal Government PIV or CAC card use. Agencies should not procure them. They are listed on the APL for industry-only procurement.
- Manufacturers may call Tri-Interface cards by different names (for example, Dual Hybrid). The prohibited feature of Tri-Interface cards is a prox interface (a 125 kHz antenna).
- Agencies should procure only cards validated by the NIST Personal Identity Verification Program (NPIVP).
PIV Cards – Approved
Approved PIV Cards
- G&D Mobile Security SmartCafe Expert 7.0 with HID Global ActivID Applet v2.7.5
- G&D Mobile Security SmartCafe Expert 7.0 with StarSign PIV Applet v1.0
- Gemalto IDPrime PIV v2.1
- Gemalto TOP CL v2.1 with HID Global ActivID Applet v2.7.4
- HID Global Crescendo PIV
- IDEMIA ID-One PIV 2.3 on Cosmo v8.0
- IDEMIA ID-One PIV 2.3 on Cosmo v8.0 (High Speed)
- IDEMIA ID-One PIV 2.4 on Cosmo v8.1 (PIV Applet 2.4.1 in EEPROM)
- IDEMIA ID-One PIV 2.4 on Cosmo v8.1 (PIV Applet 2.4.1 in ROM)
- IDEMIA ID-One PIV 2.4 on Cosmo v8.1 (PIV Applet 2.4.0)
How To Purchase
Visit the Buy Page to view FICAM products, services, and purchasing guidance.
Page Reviewed/Updated: March 20, 2019