Approved Products List
The Approved Products List (APL) provides federal agencies with products and services that have been approved for FICAM implementation based on rigorous security vulnerability and interoperability testing performed by the FIPS 201 Evaluation Program.
Categories of products that have been testing and approved for use include:
- Cards: Smart cards used for physical and/or logical access to federal systems and facilities.
- Card Holders: Protective casings used to keep PIV cards safe from damage and digital theft.
- Physical Access Control System (PACS) Components: Software and hardware products used to restrict physical access to authorized personnel for buildings, property, or rooms.
- Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP): Client-server protocol used to verify the revocation status of a digital certificate.
- Server-Based Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP): Client-server protocol used to validate digital certificates.
Make a Purchase
Once you’ve identified the product you want, learn how to purchase it through GSA Schedules or other procurement vehicles.
- Visit the Buy Page to make a purchase from the Approved Products List.
Removed Products List
Products and services that have lost their FIPS 201 certification are placed on the Removed Products List (RPL). If you’re looking for a specific product on the APL and can’t find it, it may no longer be approved for use. Due to security concerns, products on the RPL are not recommended for government procurement. Products will be removed from the RPL after 3 years.
Page Reviewed/Updated: November 9, 2017