Communities and Training
Information for and about the Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management (FICAM) community.
Communities of Practice and Working Groups
- ICAM Subcommittee (ICAMSC) – A subcommittee of the Federal CIO Council’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Council. The ICAMSC is tasked with aligning the identity management activities of the Federal Government.
- FPKI Policy Authority (FPKIPA) – Sets policy governing the FPKI Trust Infrastructure, approves applicants for cross-certification with the FBCA, and oversees the Certified PKI Shared Service Provider (SSP) Program.
- Certificate Policy Working Group (CPWG) – Advises the FPKIPA regarding Federal Bridge Certification Authority (FBCA) and Federal Common Policy Certification Authority (FCPCA) certificate policies.
- Shared Service Provider Working Group (SSPWG) – Advises the FPKIPA regarding policy related to the FPKI SSP Program.
- Technical Working Group (TWG) – Advises the FPKIPA regarding advancing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) technology.
- FPKI Management Authority (FPKIMA) – Governed under the Federal PKI Policy Authority (FPKIPA) and managed by GSA, the FPKIMA provides trust infrastructure services to federal agencies.
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) – A partnership between government, academia, and the private sector focused on cybersecurity education, training, and workforce development. NICE is led by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Secure Technology Alliance (STA) Education and Certification Programs – The STA offers educational and certification programs.
- National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) – Works with experts from industry, government, and academia to address businesses’ most pressing cybersecurity problems with practical, standards-based solutions using commercially available technologies.
- Trusted Identities Group (TIG) – Founded in 2015 as part of NIST’s Applied Cybersecurity Division, the TIG is committed to advancing measurement science, technology, and the adoption of standards to improve digital identity for individuals and organizations.
Page Reviewed/Updated: January 15, 2021