ICAM Subcommittee (ICAMSC)
The ICAMSC is the principal interagency forum for identity management, secure access, authentication, authorization, credentials, privileges, and access lifecycle management. It’s a sub-committee of the Federal CIO Council’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Council.
Align the identity management activities of the Federal Government, and support collaborative government-wide efforts to:
- Increase agency flexibility in addressing ICAM challenges;
- Coordinate interagency efforts to meet agency mission needs;
- Identify gaps in policies, procedures, standards, guidance, and services; and
- Align ICAM policies and compliance with other cybersecurity initiatives.
- Address Agency Challenges: provides opportunities for agencies to troubleshoot issues and challenges associated with the planning, implementation, and operations of ICAM programs and solutions.
- Develop Policy Recommendations: recommends new ICAM policies and updates existing ones.
- Provide Flexible Tools for ICAM Programs: develops specific tools to assist agencies abilities to meet ICAM policy objectives and overcome ICAM implementation challenges.
- Facilitate Communications and Information Sharing: acts as a vehicle for cross-government collaboration by sharing information, lessons learned, and best practices related to ICAM.
ICAMSC is co-chaired by GSA and DoD. Membership is open to federal agency employees only and you must have a .gov or .mil email address. FOUO Contractors are permitted to join on a case-by-case basis.
- To join, send us an email with “Request access to ICAMSC collaboration site“ in the subject line.
See the ICAMSC meeting schedule and notes from past meetings on OMB’s MAX.gov website.
Page Reviewed/Updated: September 25, 2019