ICAM Subcommittee (ICAMSC)
The ICAMSC is the principal interagency forum for identity management, secure access, authentication, authorization, credentials, privileges, and access lifecycle management. It’s a sub-committee of the Federal CIO Council’s Information Security and Identity Management Committee (ISIMC).
Align the identity management activities of the Federal Government, and support collaborative government-wide efforts to:
- Increase agency flexibility in addressing ICAM challenges;
- Coordinate interagency efforts to meet agency mission needs;
- Identify gaps in policies, procedures, standards, guidance, and services; and
- Align the direction of ICAM policies and compliance with other cybersecurity initiatives.
- Address Agency Challenges: provides opportunities for agencies to raise issues and challenges associated with the planning, implementation, and operations of ICAM programs and solutions.
- Develop Policy Recommendations: recommends new ICAM policies and updates existing ones.
- Provide Flexible Tools for ICAM Programs: develops specific tools to assist agencies ability to meet ICAM policy objectives and overcome identified ICAM implementation challenges.
- Facilitate Communications and Information Sharing: acts as a vehicle for cross-government collaboration on information sharing, lessons learned, and best practices related to ICAM.
ICAMSC is co-chaired by GSA and OMB. Membership is open to federal agency employees only and you must have a .gov or .mil email address. FOUO Contractors are permitted to join on a case-by-case basis.
- To request access to the ICAMSC collaboration site, send us an email and include the text “Request access to ICAMSC collaboration site” in the subject line.
The ICAMSC meeting schedule, and notes from past meetings, are available on OMB’s MAX.gov website.
Page Reviewed/Updated: December 22, 2016